Our Monday Meditations
The Prairie Sangha will not meet on Memorial Day--Monday, May 28, 2018.
We meet Monday nights at 6:30 pm, except on Memorial Day, Labor Day, or between Christmas Eve and New Year's Day.
Our evenings are scheduled as follows:
- We begin at 6:30 pm with open practice in the meditation hall and instruction in the library area of the meetinghouse. During this open practice period, people may choose to sit in the meditation hall or do walking meditation in the kitchen area or outside (if weather permits).
- At 7:15 pm, everyone gathers in the meditation hall for 30 minutes of sitting practice, beginning with a recitation of the Refuge Chant.
- Sitting practice ends at 7:45 pm and is followed by a short tea break.
- At 8:00 pm, we listen to and discuss an excerpt of a recorded dhamma talk. See the Talks page for upcoming topics. Any news or items of business are discussed before listening to the talk.
- The sangha adjourns at 8:45 pm. Everyone spends a few minutes putting things away before closing up the meetinghouse for the evening.
New meditators are always welcome!
Where We Meet
We meet at the Quaker Meetinghouse at 1904 East Main Street in Urbana.
Click on the pin on the map to get directions from your current location.
NOTE: Please do not send mail to the Sangha at this address as it belongs to the Urbana-Champaign Friends Meeting. Our mailing address is PO Box 222, Champaign, IL 61824. Inquiries may be directed through the online form on our Contact page.